Respected by Nevada Courts and Judges, Attorney James Smith Has Been Representing Clients Like You Since 1985. We Offer You Low Cost, Flat Fee Legal Representation Without Compromising On Level Of Service. We're Here For You!
Joint Petition Divorce ♦ Las Vegas
25+ years of Experience. Reliable. Proven Results. Guarantee.
You can obtain a joint petition divorce in Las Vegas fairly quickly if both parties are current residents. A joint petition divorce makes it through the Family Court system court faster than a Complaint for Divorce.
What is a Joint Petition Divorce?
- As per Nevada Statutes (NRS 125.182), parties filing for a divorce can do so in the form of what is known as a joint petition divorce. This essentially grants a divorce without either party being a plaintiff. It simply states that both parties are requesting the divorce because they have become incompatible.
- At least one of the parties to the divorce must be a Nevada resident.
- For this type of divorce to work, both parties must agree on the terms of the divorce, such as how they will divide their property, who will pay how much alimony to whom (if applicable), as well as on child custody, child support, and visitation if the parties have children together.
- Both parties involved have to sign the documents in front of a notary before the case is filed at court.
- Once the documents have been signed and notarized, the joint petition is filed with the Court and the decree submitted for the signature of the judge.
- Once the judge signs the Decree, the clerk files it and that’s when your divorce becomes final.
JOINT PETITION DIVORCEBoth parties must sign
- Full Service – Attorney Representation
- Nevada divorce attorney with 25+ years of experience
- With Property $399
- With Children $425
- Pay in two installments instead of all at once
- Court Costs Separate**
- Divorce not granted? We refund your payment! *
- 100% success record
- Attorney James E. Smith has represented countless Las Vegas residents with their divorces over the past 25+ years.
- Dedication to truly serving your needs with compassion, to the best of our ability and power.
- Pay only half the cost now.
The staff at Conexa is very knowledgeable and was very helpful in guiding me through the divorce process. I was very impressed with the quick responses to my questions and the speed in which my divorce was finalized. Hopefully, I will not need this service again, but if I do I would use Conexa.
M. H. Las Vegas, Nevada
* Court filing fees and administrative court costs add up to $326 for joint petition divorce, and $364 for a Complaint for Divorce. Cost of process service and publication (when the other party won’t sign or cannot be found) is additional. U.S. average cost is $160 for process service ($125 in urban Nevada); publication $150. Process service outside the US.: costs vary by country and are individual to each case.